Global Travel Academy Affiliate Program
Affiliate Agreement and Terms & Conditions
Global Travel Academy (“GTA”, “we”, “our”) Affiliates are organizations or individuals verified and approved by GTA to promote our Products. Affiliates are provided with a unique referral code and URL, and receive a commission for every for GTA Product that is purchased using the code or URL (“Sales”)
This Agreement becomes effective on the date we send you email confirmation that your application to become an Affiliate is approved.
By applying to become an Affiliate you confirm that you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions:
The parties to this Agreement are GTA and the individual or organization applying to become an Affiliate. All Affiliates are independent of GTA and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties.
2. True and Complete Information
All information provided by you to GTA in connection with becoming or continuing as an Affiliate is accurate, true and complete.
If GTA determines at its discretion that any information provided or disclosed by you is not accurate, true or complete, we may immediately terminate your status as an Affiliate without notice.
3. Affiliate’s Obligations
You certify that any website, content or technology used by you in connection with the promotion of GTA Products does not
- infringe the intellectual property rights of GTA or any other third-party;
- violate any law or regulation;
- constitute activity or conduct which is threatening, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or may be reasonably deemed as offensive or unacceptable by GTA;
- contain information or constitute conduct which is materially false, inaccurate, or misleading
Affiliates are required to have a user account set up on the GTA website and the completion of the Affiliate application certifies that you allow GTA to create a user account on your behalf. As a user you also agree to GTA’s Terms and Conditions and the Terms of Service of Teachable Inc.
Affiliates engaging in search engine marketing or optimization, including the tactical use of website page titles or meta tags, and pay-per-click advertising to promote GTA Products agree to not purchase or bid on keywords incorporating the GTA or Global Travel Academy names.
4. Affiliate Rights
GTA grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to:
- Access the GTA website through your user account
- Share and promote your unique referral code and URL
- In consultation with GTA, create a widget which allows easy purchase of GTA Products from your website
- Use selected GTA promotional content
- Display approved factual information about GTA Products
You are only entitled to use GTA content in accordance with and during the term of this Agreement. You must comply with any direction, requirements or guidelines made by GTA concerning GTA content.
Nothing in this license transfers any ownership of intellectual property rights to the Affiliate. We own and retain all rights, title and interest in GTA content including any and all intellectual property rights that exist in GTA content now or in the future.
You acknowledge that you obtain no right, title or interest in any personal information or GTA data obtained as an Affiliate or through the use of the GTA website.
We do not confirm, verify or endorse the products, services or identities of any Affiliate.
GTA will pay each approved Affiliate a commission of 20% for every Sale of a GTA Product that can be verified as occurring as a result of the Affiliate’s referral code or unique URL, unless otherwise agreed.
All commissions are calculated and paid in USD.
A Sale is confirmed if GTA receives payment for a Product purchase which results directly from:
- a referred user following a hyperlink or using widget appearing on the Affiliate’s website;
- a referred user entering the Affiliate’s referral code at the point of purchase; or
- a non-linked referral confirmed by a tracking cookie
GTA will pay you the commission derived from confirmed Sales in the month following the confirmed Sale, unless otherwise notified.
7. Sales Tracking
It is agreed that GTA will use its software to track, record, assess and determine the confirmed Sales made by referred users who are referred or introduced to the GTA website via a hyperlink, unique referral code or widget.
You acknowledge, agree and accept that:
- only the correct use of GTA content will result in a referral-tracking cookie being applied to the referred user’s device, enabling GTA to allocate the referral to you correctly;
- the GTA tracking cookie is set to expire after 365 days on the referred user’s device and after such time we cannot and will not link confirmed Sales to you as an Affiliate using such cookies;
- if our cookies are deleted, erased, corrupted or become unworkable for whatever reason by the referred user, website owner or otherwise, we will no longer be able to track confirmed Sales to you from referred users.
8. Responsibility for Affiliate URL’s
If GTA, in its sole discretion, determines that your use of GTA content or any other content used to promote GTA Products is inappropriate for any reason, then GTA will notify you of the changes to be made to the content. If notification of required changes is provided and changes are not made within a mutually agreed time frame then GTA may immediately terminate this Agreement without further notice to you.
9. Termination of the Agreement
Either party may end this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately upon any breach of this Agreement by you.
Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, you agree to immediately remove and/or deactivate from your content all referral hyperlinks and all GTA content.
10. Terms and Conditions Modifications
GTA reserves the right to vary this Agreement, at any time in its sole discretion. Your continued participation as an Affiliate following a variation of this Agreement shall constitute acceptance of such modifications or variation by you.
In no event shall GTA be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for personal injury or loss of property, loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising from the use or inability to use our Products.
12. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions and the Products provided pursuant to these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of New Zealand and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.